We all plan ahead for important events; from holidays to birthdays and weddings to christenings.
But most people are reluctant to think about the one event none of us can put off – our own passing.
It might seem like the last thing you want to think about, but planning your funeral can save your loved ones huge amounts of stress and, often, money.
In short, it pays to plan your own send-off, and it’s the best way to ensure the arrangements are carried out exactly how you specified.
We offer two main ways to put your affairs in order long before you die: pre-arranged and prepaid funerals.
PRE-ARRANGED FUNERAL CONTRACTS
Consider the benefits of putting your final wishes down on paper.
- It will be invaluable to family and friends who often struggle with the mind-boggling array of information required after a loved one dies.
- It means tough decisions are taken calmly and rationally, rather than when emotions are running high.
- It gives you peace of mind today, and lifts some of the burden from your family and friends at some point in the future.
We’ll collect the required personal and official information now, so others don’t have to go searching when the time comes. That includes the personal details needed to register a death and obtain a death certificate.
You can also tell us the funeral service you want rather than expecting others to guess or assume how you would like to go or be remembered.
Details are important, from the music you’d like played to the pallbearers you’d like to carry your coffin.
There’s no limit on who can take out a pre-arranged funeral contract.
You can complete it at any time, and copies of the contract are held by you and/or a family member and White Dove.
It’s essential to inform next of kin and/or your executor of the contract, and don’t forget to tell them where it is kept.
Upon death, we’ll arrange the funeral as specified by you.
One other detail to bear in mind with this arrangement – the cost of the funeral is not fixed at the time of signing the contract.
PRE-PAID FUNERAL CONTRACTS
White Dove has partnered with funeralplan management (FPM) to allow clients to pre-pay their funeral, locking in the price and arrangements.
Your money is invested by FPM into a capital-guaranteeed Friendly Society Funeral Fund.
You can pay the full amount up-front or set up a monthly repayment scheme from as little as $25 a month.
We only receive payment from FPM once they are satisfied the funeral service has been provided as agreed.
- No more to pay – When your funeral is pre-paid, the price is fixed at today’s prices.
- Anyone is eligible – no matter your age or health, you can obtain a pre-paid funeral plan.
- Better than a bank account – unlike money in the bank, a pre-paid plan is not regarded as an asset, which means it doesn’t affect your pension up to a stated amount.
It’s important to be aware that if death occurs before the contract has been paid in full, the family will be required to pay the balance and any price increases since the signing of the contract.