Cremation Services Melbourne
There are a number of reasons most people choose cremation over burial these days.
Rising land prices and the difficulty of securing burial plots in big cities like Melbourne play a role. So does cost – it’s generally cheaper.
Shifts in cultural and religious attitudes are also a factor. The requirement for burial is no longer so entrenched.
For many people, the only difference between a cremation and burial is the manner in which the deceased’s remains are dealt with following death.
The rituals and rites associated with this sad time – for example, the funeral service – are no different.
CREMATION OR BURIAL?
Not sure whether to opt for a cremation or burial? White Dove’s experienced staff can discuss the benefits of both, and help you make the right choice.
We’ll also work alongside you to plan and organise the most appropriate service for your loved one.
If you choose cremation, you’ll have the option of selecting an urn for the remains, or, if you prefer, interment in a memorial garden.
Alternatively, we can also advise you on options to scatter the ashes at a favourite spot – an increasingly popular option.
Following any death, it’s necessary to complete and lodge a range of documentation with relevant authorities. We can help you through this testing process.
To organise the best send-off for your loved one, please see our services below. Or you can contact us to find out more.
TYPES OF CREMATION SERVICE
No Attendance Cremation
Private Family Service in your home, at a venue or a beautiful outdoor spot
OUR BASIC CREMATION CARE PACKAGE
Transfer to the mortuary and preparation
Service conducted by White Dove’s celebrant
You choose a flat lid coffin from a choice of colours
Your loved one’s funeral notice is published in Melbourne’s Herald Sun newspaper
White Dove’s professional staff work with you to complete and lodge all necessary forms and applications
No mileage charge under 200kms
MORE OPTIONS FOR YOUR BURIAL SERVICE
White Dove also offers a number of optional services for the cremation.
- Would you only like to deal with female or male staff? No problem – we can cater to exactly what you require. We can visit you at home to make all necessary arrangements.
- Family viewing can take place at a crematorium chapel, church or suitable family location. There is no extra charge for this service.
- Mourners can travel to and from the funeral in a Mourning Coach. Hourly rates apply.
- Choose your own member of the clergy or our celebrant to lead the funeral.
- Choose the most appropriate location for your funeral service – would you prefer a private family service at home or in a beautiful outdoor location?
Contact our friendly staff to find our more.
Interested in finance options? You can check those out here.